Administration and Finance Coordinator (Watershed USA)
The Watershed Way:
In today’s world, organizations, communities, and even societies struggle to identify shared opportunities and successfully negotiate sustained outcomes. Often the challenges appear too complex and insurmountably frustrating. It isn’t all that hard to figure out why these challenges remain unsolved as communities and organizations default toward slow, expensive, and adversarial approaches resulting in a diminished probability of reaching a good outcome.
Watershed exists to create space for a wide variety of participants to come together to create shared learning, form new individual and collective identities and develop new and innovative solutions. We offer experiences that profoundly change our clients’ way of understanding the systems they live and work in and the perspectives held in existing mental models and world views. Together, we shape outcomes that can have long-lasting and transformative impacts on individual people, their organizations and communities, and quite possibly the world.
Your work with Watershed will put you at the center of the world’s most intractable problems. You will find yourself in rooms with communities that have been in conflict for centuries, with organizations that have never previously seen themselves as systems thinkers or collaborators, and with societies who are coming together to seek solutions to the world’s toughest economic, social and political challenges.
The successful candidate will be required to support work and staff across multiple time zones.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coordinating internal communication and collaboration, including scheduling support to the US team and project management of strategic plans
- Direct support to the Executive Director
- Scheduling meetings (internal and external)
- Administrative approvals within HRIS systems
- Knowledge management and electronic filing of documents
- Event (virtual and in-person) planning and support
HR and Finance
- Coordinating the onboarding of new hires
- Contract administration for contractors and consultants
- Assist in establishing and administering US-specific programs such as:
- HR Benefits
- Company registrations or incorporation
- Payroll and tax support
Strategy, business development, and project delivery support
- Proposal administration in CRM or other platform
- Client engagement support, which might include:
- Performing research
- Copy-editing of documents
- Assisting in proposal development
- Special projects as needed and agreed upon, e.g. social media
- 1-3 years of experience in an organizational support role
- Demonstrated track record of being a “go-getter;” ability to work independently and on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate internal stakeholder requirements into work products
- A foundational understanding of the financial and legal aspects of operating a US office
Nice to haves:
- Relevant experience working with parties, sectors or groups on matters related to one or more of the following US-focused areas:
- Justice & reconciliation
- Sustainable infrastructure and energy
- Corporate social responsibility
- Experience in proposal and grant writing
- Experience managing corporate social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
What You Offer:
Flexibility & Professionalism: You effectively respond to your portfolio’s needs in a timely manner across multiple time zones. You quickly establish strong working relationships and are then able to anticipate needs and develop action plans proactively.
Communication skills: Your exceptional written and verbal communication skills translate both internally and externally. You possess emotional intelligence and can tailor your messaging and approach based on the audience. You are able to proactively manage expectations leveraging your verbal, written and non-verbal communications.
Cultural Agility: You have a demonstrated ability to quickly, comfortably, and successfully work in cross-cultural and international environments.
Tech Savviness: You are experienced with Google Suite tools (Gmail, Google Calendar), Microsoft Office, CRMs, HRIS, Slack, Zoom, expense report software. You are a quick learner and are eager to adopt new technologies.
Resilience: You will work in a very dynamic environment. The people we work with are facing the most challenging problems that the world offers. The solutions are often unknown, and internal approaches must be quickly adjusted, altered or abandoned. This can be emotional work and will require you to be extremely self-aware and self-regulating. Success in this environment will come with the ability to cope effectively with the stress and challenges present when working with other people who may be learning to cope with what’s in front of them.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A work environment where you can be your whole and honest self. We don’t hide behind corporate facades.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- The chance to be an early joiner in a young company that’s rapidly growing, and the opportunity to scale your career with the organization.
- The opportunity to make an impact as the organization works to transform systems, help others, and build new models for working, thinking, living, and being.
Location & Other Details:
This is a remote position based within the U.S.
Watershed is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please email us at [email protected] with your resume to get the conversation started.