Application Support Specialist
The Watershed Way:
In today’s world, organizations, communities, and even societies struggle to identify shared opportunities and successfully negotiate sustained outcomes. Often the challenges appear too complex and insurmountably frustrating. It isn’t all that hard to figure out why these challenges remain unsolved as communities and organizations default toward slow, expensive, and adversarial approaches resulting in a diminished probability of reaching a good outcome.
Watershed Partners exists to create space for a wide variety of participants to come together to create shared learning, form new individual and collective identities and develop new and innovative solutions. We offer experiences that profoundly change our clients’ way of understanding the systems they live and work in and the perspectives held in existing mental models and world views. Together, we shape outcomes that can have long-lasting and transformative impacts on individual people, their organizations and communities, and quite possibly the world.
As part of the IT Operations team, the Application Support Specialist, will provide IT guidance and support to the entire organization. You will directly support end-users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and quickly resolving any ongoing issues.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an IT/Sys Admin role
- Experience working in a remote environment and using asynchronous collaboration and communication tools for yourself and with groups
- Application support experience
- Customer service desk experience
- Experience working with Apple & Windows for personal and mobile computing
- GSuite & Office 365 cloud infrastructure experience for mail, document storage, access management, etc.
- SaaS setup and administration experience (Slack, Miro, Zoom, Sonos, Spotify, Celoxis)
- Firewall, Router and WIFI access point management and support experience
- Audio & Visual experience with Saas solutions and consumer streaming services
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Handling incoming queries and help requests from end users via various communication platforms
- Handling break/fix and configuration issues
- Installing and configuring hardware and software
- Documenting common support procedures that coworkers can follow
- Installing security measures and operating software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
What You Offer:
A teacher’s mindset: You are patient and understanding. You focus on long-term solutions that enable our teams to expand and increase their knowledge and prioritize employee experience over process.
Practical troubleshooting and decision-making skills: You can make decisions based on supportability and future-proofing. You are responsive to identified challenges without compromising mid to long-term objectives.
Communications and relationship management skills: You connect with people around you by listening to their needs and engaging them in a way that they see those needs being met. You can communicate clearly with the rest of the IT team to ensure proper documentation and knowledge capturing.
Patience and calmness: You are calm under pressure and take the time to find the root cause of challenges – not the symptoms. You know when to ask for help as you are aware of your limits, strengths and weaknesses.
Cultural Agility: You have a demonstrated ability to quickly, comfortably, and successfully work in cross-cultural and international environments.
Excellent Team Skills: You work with others to create an effective working environment and contribute positively to the organization’s culture. You contribute to knowledge sharing and capture within the team. You know how and when to step in and lead the team. You are equally comfortable defining your role as a member in support of others, actively connecting with others to understand their needs and sharing your knowledge and expertise in ways that ensure everyone around you can succeed.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- The chance to be an early joiner in a young company that’s rapidly growing into a unique position where we can enable real progressive change in the world.
- A work environment where you can be your whole and honest self. We don’t believe in hiring for culture “fit.” We’re more interested in how you will add to our existing culture and help shape our future.
- We encourage and incentivize all employees to seek professional development opportunities that support their learning and growth.
- A generous annual allowance is provided to all employees in order to create and maintain a safe and comfortable workspace.
- We believe all systems require rest, including our organization. We go offline for two weeks in December/January of each year, during which employees continue to receive their salary. Each employee also earns three weeks of paid time off per year and paid personal days to use as they see fit.
- We offer all employees extended health benefits and an EAP.
Location & Other Details:
This position is based in Victoria, BC.
Because we understand that great relationships are not formed overnight, we take the time needed to get to know each other honestly. Hiring the right person, in the right role, at the right time is a process that can’t be rushed. We cannot contact each individual that applies for positions in our organization, so only those moving forward in the process will be contacted.
If you are interested in further exploring this opportunity, please email us at [email protected] with your resume to get the conversation started.