The Watershed Way:
In today’s world, organizations, communities, and even societies struggle to identify shared opportunities and successfully negotiate sustained outcomes. Often the challenges appear too complex and insurmountably frustrating. It isn’t all that hard to figure out why these challenges remain unsolved as communities and organizations default toward slow, expensive, and adversarial approaches resulting in a diminished probability of reaching a good outcome.
Watershed Partners exists to create space for a wide variety of participants to come together to create shared learning, form new individual and collective identities and develop new and innovative solutions. We offer experiences that profoundly change our clients’ way of understanding the systems they live and work in and the perspectives held in existing mental models and world views. Together, we shape outcomes that can have long-lasting and transformative impacts on individual people, their organizations and communities, and quite possibly the world.
As part of the Engagement team, the Engagement Coordinator (Project Coordinator) is responsible for the administrative tasks required to bring projects to completion effectively. This role will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve and streamline processes. The Engagement Coordinator is an integral part of the project management team and ensures projects are well-organized and can run smoothly.
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in a Project Coordinator role
- Bachelor’s degree or college certificate in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or PMP certified
- Demonstrated ability to support the delivery of projects on time, within scope, and within budget in a variety of sectors
- Experience working in a remote environment and using asynchronous collaboration and communication tools for yourself and with groups
- Extremely results-focused while maintaining good collaborative working relationships with the people you work with
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, schedules, budgets and expenditures
- Organizing, preparing for, and participating in stakeholder meetings
- Documenting and following up on essential action points
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Assessing project risks and issues and providing solutions where appropriate
What You Offer:
Project Management skills: You have an experience-based understanding of core planning concepts such as Milestone planning, Right-to-left and Left-to-right planning, risk and issue management, governance, managing the time-quality-budget pyramid, Critical Path identification and management, dependencies and interdependencies, reporting and management information, escalation.
Ability to manage complexities and challenges: You know when and how to ask for support and appropriately involve others to help solve issues. You manage problems and crises in a way that instills calm and inspires team and client confidence. You’re a natural collaborator and work closely with your colleagues to navigate complexity.
Communications and relationship management skills: You connect with people around you by listening to their needs and engaging them in a way that they see those needs met. You also have the ability to communicate clearly and influentially in writing.
Cultural Agility: You have a demonstrated ability to quickly, comfortably, and successfully work in cross-cultural and international environments.
Excellent Team Skills: You are a team player. You work with others to create an effective working environment and contribute positively to the organization’s culture. You contribute to knowledge sharing and capture within the team.
Resilience: You will work in a very dynamic environment. The people we work with are facing the most challenging problems that the world offers. It’s emotional work and will require you to be highly self-aware and self-regulating. Success in this environment will come with the ability to cope effectively with the stress and challenges present when working with other people who may be learning to cope with what’s in front of them.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- The chance to be an early joiner in a young company that’s rapidly growing into a unique position where we can enable real progressive change in the world.
- A work environment where you can be your whole and honest self. We don’t believe in hiring for culture “fit.” We’re more interested in how you will add to our existing culture and help shape our future.
- We encourage and incentivize all employees to seek professional development opportunities that support their learning and growth.
- A generous annual allowance is provided to all employees in order to create and maintain a safe and comfortable workspace.
- We believe all systems require rest, including our organization. We go offline for two weeks in December/January of each year, during which employees continue to receive their salary. Each employee also earns three weeks of paid time off per year and paid personal days to use as they see fit.
- We offer all employees extended health benefits and an EAP.
Location & Other Details:
This is a remote position based out of Canada.
Because we understand that great relationships are not formed overnight, we take the time needed to get to know each other honestly. Hiring the right person, in the right role, at the right time is a process that can’t be rushed. We cannot contact each individual that applies for positions in our organization, so only those moving forward in the process will be contacted.
If you are interested in further exploring this opportunity, please email us at [email protected] with your resume to get the conversation started.